Inspired by Scott Jurek, and pretty much every other character in the fine 'Born to Run' by Chris Mcdougall, I came up with my own meat free Mexican-ish feast. It's what we had in the kitchen but tasted fantastic. For me, a perfect post-ride or run meal.
- Fresh kale (lots of it ... From the wonderful Rudi's Deli) chopped
- Fresh spinach, torn.
- Beans (any, I cheated and threw in a tin of Heinz baked beans!)
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Fresh broccoli, chopped small
- tin of sweet corn
- Brown-wild rice mix
- Red onion, finely chopped.
- Fresh ginger, chopped, to taste (lots for me)
- Garlic, chopped, to taste
- Hot chilli pepper, chopped, save some to sprinkle on top
- Chilli-con-carni seasoning mix (another cheat, I used a packet!)
- Drizzle of oil, tiny amount
Just before serving you can, if you like, mix the rice into the dish. We did.
Serve, eat, enjoy.
It tasted even better for lunch the day after!
Viva Caballo Blanco & the Tarahumara!
Link to a short film about the Tarahumara - the Running People.